2. The scientific power of meditation


Today, in this post, we are going to talk about the meditation and the effects that it has on our body (and other stuff).

One of the aspects that caught my attention from the video is that during meditation the brain have more activity correlated with a decreased of depression and anxiety, and also with an increased of pain tolerance, as well as improve the empathy and changes our brain waves finding higher levels of Alpha waves, which are related with the reduction of feelings of sadness, anger, mood and tension. In addition to this that I mention, meditation brings us many other benefits that will make us feel less stressed, have a better memory, etc. 

In that sense, I think that meditation looks like an option to bring a lot of good things for both physical and mental health, but honestly, I do not think that it would be something that I did often. Actually, I only meditated once a few months ago because it was a qualified activity in another subject, but I do not do it regularly because it's not something that catches my attention so I couldn't say if it works ot not, but the time that I meditated I felt very relaxed and calm, because all the muscles in my body were no tense anymore and I had the feeling that I was lighter, like if I am going to fall asleep at any moment.

Personally, these days I have suffered a lot of of insomnia, I fall asleep around 6 am even when I feel very sleepy, so maybe I should consider meditating at those times to try to fall asleep because this situation makes me feel quite tired during the day, so it's hard for me to concentrate, read or study well because I feel very sleepy all the time and maybe the meditating can helps me to improve my learning and memory processing. 

Besides, the current situation has me worried about very close family members who works in the heatlh area, untill now they are fine, but it's a constant concern that doesn't let me feel completely calm, also, that it seems like this pandemic will never end so in this context the English class (and actually all of the classes) pass to a second plane and I only try to do the best I can everyday.

Although I must say that this method of English classes causes me contrary feelings. On one side I feel that it is good because it's more flexible than a traditional class with a Power Point presentation or something like that, but on the other side it gives me a little anxiety that the activities are published any day at any time and not the English class day. Maybe meditation can help me with that anxiety too haha.

Have a good day, bye!

Comments

  1. I think that the meditation can works with your anxiety for the English homework hahaha I laught when I read this on your post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi :)
    I hope you are well. I send you much encouragement regarding the concern for your family members who works in the health area.
    I just hope this whole situation ends soon, and we all get better again.
    Sometimes the same thing happens to me with the English homework (send it on different days) haha lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helloooo, I really really like your post.
    It really call my attention the part of the insomnia because that happens to me a lot this days, I'm not really into meditation but when I can't sleep I see some videos in Youtube about ASMR (That can help you).
    Regarding the situation of your family members who work in the health area, I hope that they remain safe and you too, because this situation is very complicated.
    English class sometimes makes me nervous, but I like it, I have more freedom to do my things, so I hope that you can find something that will help you with anxiety. :)))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts