7. English language challenges


Hello! Today in this post I am going to write about the English language. Personally, I went to a school that teach English from kindergarten, however, I don't think I have learned much in English classes, rather I have learned what I know from listening to music in english and then seeing translations of the lyrics of the song. In this way, I was relating the words and for the same reason, it becomes relatively easy for me to understand in my head what the songs in english mean and actually it does not cost me so much to write it. However, when I have to speak, even if it is a casual conversation, I get very nervous and even when I try to speak english as fluently as possible I am constantly stopping to think and translate in my head what I want to say. Also, one of the things that I find most difficult is remembering to speak including verbs in past, future, conditional, etc., if I don't realize, I would be constantly speaking in the present tense even when I talk about something that happened a long time ago or something I would like to do in the future.

Speaking of English accent types, I think the best known and most popular are the British and USA english accent. Between those two, I understand the United States more easily, however, I feel that the British sounds better, even prettier. Many times I have tried to watch British series or movies with subtitles and for a while I try not to read them to see how much I can understand but it costs me a lot. When I watch an American movie or series without reading the subtitles I don’t fully understand either, but I think I understand more than with the British accent.

That’s all for today, bye!

Comments

Popular Posts